The Lawrence W. Tyree Library serves the students, staff, and faculty of Santa Fe College. The Library is open seven days a week including evening and weekend hours.
The Library has staff available to assist you on all three floors. If you need research help, stop by the 2nd floor reference desk to speak to one of our librarians. For more ways to access help, see our Research Help page.
This guide walks you through how to find resources to support your research in nursing at Santa Fe College.
If you need a more general introduction to library research, try Research 101.
- Where to Find Articles
- Shows how to access the library databases and describes the databases most useful for nursing students.
- How to Search
- Describes search strategies from the basics of identifying keywords to more advanced search strategies in CINAHL.
- How do Find Evidence-Based Articles
- Describes what evidence-based nursing articles are and shows limits you can use in CINAHL to locate them.
- Individual Journals
- Shows how to perform Publication searches in EBSCO databases and provides links to the Library's nursing e-journals.
- How to Find Books
- Shows how to locate books and eBooks in the library catalog. Includes lists of recommended books and preset searches.
- 3D Models
- Provides access to Visible Body, a virtual 3D human anatomy and physiology atlas.
- How to Find Health Statistics
- Provides tips on searching for health statistics and links to health statistics sites.
- How to Find Information on the Web
- Provides information on PubMed, web search tips, and suggested websites.
- Career Information
- Provides access to books, databases, websites, and more related to a career in nursing.
- Contains all of the video tutorials embedded throughout this guide in one place.
- APA Guide
- Links out to the full APA Citation Guide for the 7th edition (2020), which provides tips on paper formatting and citation components, in addition to a wealth of sample in-text citations and references list entries.