The Lawrence W. Tyree Library serves the students, staff, and faculty of Santa Fe College at the Northwest Campus and at the SF Centers. The Library is open for studying, access to resources, and research help throughout the week, with additional weekend hours, as well as extended hours during final exams. Library staff are available on all three floors of the Library to assist you. For research help, reference librarians are available to assist you from the 2nd floor Reference Desk, as well as by phone, email and chat.
This guide introduces resources the Tyree Library provides to Santa Fe College students studying geology, meteorology, and/or oceanography.
If you need a more general introduction to library research, try Research 101.
- Where to Find Articles
- Shows how to access the library databases and describes the databases most useful for students in geology, meteorology, and/or oceanography.
- How to Search
- Describes search strategies from the basics of identifying keywords to using the Boolean operator AND.
- How to Find Books
- Shows how to locate books and eBooks in the library catalog. Includes lists of recommended books.
- How to Find Information on the Web
- Provides web search tips and suggested websites.
- Organizing and Citing Sources
- Provides links to different tools to help you cite your sources.
- Get Help
- Information on how to contact a librarian for research questions.
Commitment to Equal Access and Equal Opportunity
Santa Fe College is committed to an environment that embraces diversity, respects the rights of all individuals, is open and accessible, and is free of harassment and discrimination. For more information, visit sfcollege.edu/eaeo or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SACSCOC Accreditation Statement
Santa Fe College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). For more information, visit sfcollege.edu/sacscoc.