This guide is an introduction to the resources the Tyree Library provides to Santa Fe College students in the Physical Therapist Assistant Program.
If you need a more general introduction to library research, try Research 101.
- Where to Find Articles
- Shows how to access the library databases and describes the databases most useful for PTA students.
- How to Search
- Describes search strategies from the basics of identifying keywords and subject headings to more advanced search strategies in CINAHL.
- Individual Journals
- List of physical therapy journals that are acceptable for your assignments.
- How to Find Books
- Shows how to locate books and eBooks in the library catalog. Includes lists of recommended books and preset searches.
- How to Find Information on the Web
- Provides suggested websites useful for PTA students.
- Contains all of the video tutorials embedded throughout this guide in one place, including the tutorials from the linked APA Citation Guide.
- AMA Style
- Tips and examples for using AMA Style for your references.
- Links out to the full APA Citation Guide, which provides tips on paper formatting and citation components, in addition to a wealth of sample in-text citations and references list entries.
- Career Information
- Information for PTA students about careers and professional organizations.
The Lawrence W. Tyree Library serves the students, staff, and faculty of Santa Fe College at the Northwest Campus and at the SF Centers. The Library is open 7 days a week with evening and weekend hours, as well as extended hours during final exams. Library staff are available on all 3 floors of the Library to assist you. For research help, reference librarians are available to assist you from the 2nd floor Reference Desk, as well as by phone, email and chat.